FinHeads and Trends, our new podcast content, is on the air!
In this podcast, Maya Lawrence (English voice) and Caroline Béguin (French voice) will be joined by experts to comment on major trends and news in the finance and tech sectors.
The podcast will feature two major formats:
- FinHeads: a conversational format highlighting the background and business expertise of a leading thinker in the finance sector.
- FinTrends: internal and external experts discuss finance industry trends and hot topics.
The dedicated Women in Finance series is, of course, part of the FinHeads format.
In this episode, Sharon Kavanagh-Banks, Global VP SFP- Digital Audit, shares personal and professional anecdotes about her career path, her profession and her vision about the role of women in finance… From an airport phone call – that changed her life – to a business meeting where she was mistaken for a secretary when in fact she was the boss, Sharon tells us how her experiences have shaped the ambitious business woman she is today.
Depending on your personal aspirations, you may be particularly interested in :
- 00:00 – Introduction : Sharon in a nutshell
- 01:26 – The most important lesson she learnt over the years
- 02:00 – How a phone call changed her life forever
- 06:34 – Personal challenges positively influenced her career
- 12:52 – The many pain points Sharon fixed with her company
- 20:05 – Working for SBS vs being a small business owner
- 27:44 – Tips to become a business owner and traps to avoid
- 32:14 – Why she decided to sell her company
- 33:56 – What Sharon envisions for the future of her business
- 36:32 – What about women in finance?
- 41:05 – The hindrances that once held her back
- 47:34 – The role models who got Sharon to where she is today