Paris, 12th June 2018 – The first Open Banking Challenge was held on 1st and 2nd June in Paris, at the Dernier Etage. The 32 teams from all over the world (UK, Egypt, Spain, Italy, Cameroon, Germany, Belgium, France, India and Morocco) had 36 hours to reinvent banking!
Start-ups, independent developers, as well as Sopra Banking Software and Sopra Steria employees came together for this Open Banking event to pitch innovative service demonstrators based on the Digital eXperience Platform (DxP), with their sponsors at their side and in front of a prestigious jury.
- ‘Independent developers’ category: Easy Invest, an investment application with simple tracking facilities.
- ‘Start-ups’ category: Digi.me, an application that aggregates absolutely all your digital information – a service that can be adapted to suit all banks.
- Sopra Banking Software and Sopra Steria employees’ category: Gaspar, an application that enables you to monitor and easily manage insurance for your consumer goods
- Philippe Moiroud – Chief Operating Officer @ HSBC,
- Lotfi Sekkat – Deputy Chief Executive Officer @ CIH BANK,
- Joëlle Durieux – Chief Executive Officer @ Finance Innovation,
- Didier Descombes – Chief Strategy Development Officer, Group Executive Committee Member @ Sopra Steria Group,
- Mohamed Sijelmassi – Chief Technology Officer @ Sopra Steria Group,
- Emmanuel Gillet – Deputy CEO @ Sopra Banking Software,
- Mathieu Mollin – Senior Digital Solution Architect @ Sopra Steria Group.
The DxP, Sopra Banking Software’s multi-services platform, exposes numerous banking services (Chatbot, authentication, security, image recognition etc.) thus ensuring smooth-running experiences for banking customers. These cloud-native services can be accessed by standardised interfaces (open APIs). The DxP enables banks to reduce time to market for digital offers and accelerate their digital transformation.