In recent months, as part of a strategy implemented by our DigiLab, Sopra Banking Software has signed partnerships with 17 Moroccan engineering and business schools as EM Lyon Casablanca, Al Akhawayn University or Centrale Casablanca. This programme aims at raising awareness of Sopra Banking Software’s values and project among students.
Through these partnerships we are working hand in hand with schools and setting up awareness-raising measures with students on different topics.
“We are convinced that our relationship with engineering and business schools is no longer confined to recruitment campaigns or providing courses, in order to select future candidates; instead, it is expanded to become an ongoing presence in students’ journeys to bring them as close as possible to the business world which they discover relatively late on.”
Imane Mguired, Head of Human Resources MEA
As such, our young recruits join our teams because they fit with our DNA and we offer an ambitious career path, unlike short-lived initial professional experiences.
These partnerships aim to:
- Promote a culture built around digital and our business
- Contribute to learning by offering tailor-made seminars
- Support students with real market scenarios
- Co-organise events with schools (Hackathons / Challenges)
- Co-create innovative solutions with schools’ labs and our ecosystem in general
- Deliver webinars on diverse and current topics
- Identify talents and guide them through entrepreneurial projects.
As part of these partnerships and given the current context, we have innovated and digitalised the intern selection process. To awaken student’s curiosity and foster creativity we have set up a competitive selection process.
This process includes several stages:
- Over 700 students took part in a pre-qualification quiz
- Following this initial qualification, over 100 students were selected to do a project on a topic of their choice and present it to Sopra Banking Software managers. Their projects covered various fields, such as gamification, chatbots and mobile money.
After their project presentations, 30 students received an pre-employment internship offer.
These partnerships also mean our employees can take advantage of high-quality training courses offered by these schools.
Soon, three other Moroccan schools will join our partner ecosystem. We are aiming to replicate this programme in partnership with other MEA countries in the near future.