Success for the first Open Banking Challenge
In today’s fast-paced, technologically boundless world, Sopra Banking Software is proud to announce the success of its first Open Banking Challenge, which took place on June 1st and 2d at Le Dernier Etage with a breath-taking view over Paris.
This challenge 100% made for entrepreneurs from different backgrounds reunited Startups, Fintechs, independent developers, students, open banking experts, digital enthusiasts, and company employees.
32 teams from all over the world came to Paris for the final of the challenge and represented the UK, Egypt, Spain, Italy, Cameroon, Germany, Belgium, France, India and Morocco. Their aim – reinvent the bank of the future, while playing with the DxP – Sopra Banking Software’s Digital eXperience Platform, a real innovation catalyst, that allows to speed up the innovation process using banking data and services.
Finalist teams competed online and passed 2 selection stages. 18 internal teams made of employees of Sopra Banking Software and Sopra Steria, and 14 external teams have been chosen out of over 80 projects.
During the 2 day-event in Paris, the teams worked on the best demonstrator of innovation services for banks consuming services proposed by the DxP of Sopra Banking Software. They were supported 24/24 by the team of mentors and challenged by the jury and Guillaume Blot, Chief Digital Officer at Sopra Banking Software.
The external jury:
- Philippe Moiroud - Chief Operating Officer @ HSBC
- Lotfi Sekkat - Deputy Chief Executive Officer @ CIH BANK
- Joëlle Durieux - Chief Executive Officer @ Finance Innovation
- Jo Jacobs - Programme Manager PSD2 @ KBC
The internal jury:
- Didier Descombes - Chief Strategy Development Officer, Group Executive Committee Member @Sopra Steria Group
- Mohamed Sijelmassi - Chief Technology Officer @ Sopra Steria Group
- Emmanuel Gillet - Deputy CEO @ Sopra Banking Software
- Mathieu Mollin - Senior Digital Solution Architect @ Sopra Steria Group
After the presentations in a Science-Fair-mode, the jury selected 7 most interesting projects (2 Startups, 2 Independent Developers, 3 Internals) that took part in the very final stage of pitches, followed by a public vote. The proud winners are:
- Category “Startups”: DigiMe won a partnership with Sopra Banking Software.
- Category “Independent Developers”: EasyInvest won professional incubation powered by Finance Innovation and strong Sopra Banking Software and Sopra Steria Group support.
- Category “Internals”: GaSpar won full-time incubation within Sopra Banking Software with the support of Sopra Steria Group during 6 months starting as from September 2018.
Eric Pasquier, Chief Executive Officer of Sopra Banking Software, held the awards ceremony.
Congratulations to all the teams! Well done!
The pictures and posts can be found on Twitter @SopraBanking under the hashtag #OpenBankingChallenge